Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Living In The Harvest

     Since coming back to school, my life has been a whirlwind. Most of the time that’s referring to something stressful, but in this case, I am referring to God breathing on my life so strongly I can feel it on a daily basis. After God prepared my heart this summer, I came into this semester with great expectations of the things He was going to do in my life, but I could not have begun to imagine it would be this great.
     Over the summer, God revealed to me how much He would speak to me and through me so I was extremely anxious to get back to Greenville and begin to be a part of something I knew God was going to do on the campus of ECU. There are two main things that have been on my heart to share in this post. The first is the power of God that lives within us and the second is living on God’s time.
     I have always known that once you become a Christian there is a mighty force that dwells inside of you, but I never took hold of it and truly let it flourish until the past couple of months. Being a part of an awesome campus ministry that has such a strong spiritual family is a tremendous blessing. Specifically being on the worship team and having the opportunity to lead with an anointed group of brothers and sisters is a great honor. I have had years of experience with leading worship, but this is the first year I’m finally taking hold of the gift that God has given me and using it purely to glorify Him. It all clicked when I was leading worship in Fayetteville for a fall retreat and after two days of intense, amazing worship; my body was exhausted and my voice was shot. I prayed before leading and asked God to sing through me because I was so worn out. In that time of worship, I was fully consumed. That was when I realized that I wasn’t capable of worship on my own. It is by the power of God that dwells in me that I am able to reach my full potential.
     Another really great thing God has been showing me is the blessings you receive when you live on His time instead of your own. Since relinquishing every aspect of my life over to God, everything has been flawless. Even the times where things go wrong or something bad happens, I continue to thank Him for His goodness and He works all things together for good. Every day I wake up in the morning with an unexplainable joy in my heart because I know the hours that lay before me are all opportunities for His magnificence to be revealed. There are so many doors He has opened for me that I know would have remained closed if I continued to live my life of my own time. Living on God’s time is the most awesome feeling because you never have to doubt that He is in control or have thoughts about things not working out in the end.
     With all of that being said, I want to encourage you to take leaps of faith. Allow God’s power to completely consume you. Throw away your concept of time and place your life in God’s perfect timing. They seem like difficult things to do, but what is so great about the God that we serve is that when we are living out His will, everything is simplified. We are not promised an easy life, but we are promised God’s strength, faithfulness, and love.

Zephaniah 3:17
The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment