Unfortunately, to your dismay I’m sure, I don’t have some long drawn out story to share with you; simply a thought that crossed my mind a few nights ago that hasn’t seemed to escape since.
Just because you have your heart set on something doesn’t mean God set it on your heart.
I think this might just be a new life motto of mine. It has been such a reoccurring theme when I look back on certain choices that I have made in the past. My decisions were purely that; MY decisions. They were always what I thought was best and what I believed would make me happiest. I figured if it was something that sounded good and I was excited about it then it was the right choice. Notice all of these selfish pronouns? Going forward in life, it is extremely important that every decision is a decision that began as an idea placed on my heart by God. I’m not intending on waking up in the morning and asking God what I should eat for breakfast, but I feel my conscience inside of me saying I don’t go to Him enough in my decision making. And with a desire to live out God’s purpose in my life, obviously that’s an issue. How am I to fulfill His plan if I don’t seek His counsel when it comes to life’s important choices? It’s time to stop having my heart set on something I think I want to do and instead ask God to place on my heart what it is He has planned. His will is far greater than my visions. Besides, life will be much easier without all of these detours I’ve been taking.
That was beautifully written and extremely challenging to me! God is doing amazing things in you this summer! I am so excited to see what He has in store for you this year! You are so precious to me!
ReplyDelete--Sarah :)