Last night God started speaking to me about His calling on my life. This wasn’t the first time though. He’s been revealing it to me for years now and I have pursued parts of it at times, but I think I have failed to realize that when God calls you to do a specific thing, there’s no compromising. Most people know I love to sing. Most people also know I love to worship. I have been leading worship off and on for the past six years. I think the key phrase to focus on with that is “off and on”. I never feel satisfied if I’m not leading worship because I know it’s what God has called me to do and it’s where my heart is. It really hit me last night that I need to be where God has called me to be.
It started by me playing around with different songs and doing a few random recordings. God laid some things on my heart and I ended up writing a song, which I have not done in about a year. It was a breakthrough for me on so many levels. Not only was it the first time I had written a song in so long, but it was the first time I have ever written a worship song. After that I ended up watching some of Kari Jobe’s videos and I came across a lecture she did for worship leaders. A lot of what she said hit home for me. Something I’ve struggled with lately is comparison. For some reason my singing ability has come up multiple times recently in conversation with others and I find myself thinking, “you aren’t doing it as much anymore because there are other people out there who are better”. As I’m listening to Kari Jobe speak she says, “Comparison will be the number one thing that keeps you from doing what Gods called you to do”. That was all I needed to hear.
So here I am with three weeks left of school, about to move home for three months and then come back to school. Of course I have been driving myself crazy thinking, “How am I supposed to lead somewhere when I’m not going to be in a permanent location for a while?” But there I go again being human and not trusting God with His plan for my life. Obviously since this is what God has called me to do, He is going to make a way for it to happen. But it won’t until I step out on faith and go wherever He says. I mean come on, as Christians, when have we ever looked back on the times we trusted God in the unknown and regretted it? Now that I’m embracing the whole thought of it, the fear is gone and the excitement is taking over.
No comments:
Post a Comment